I want to share how you can still connect with potential buyers even during a lockdown by utilizing the power of virtual tours/showings!
Here are six steps for how to make a virtual tour for real estate.
1. You need the right equipment & software/platforms
First things, first, you’ll need to select a virtual tour software and rent or buy an HDSLR or 360-degree camera.
2. Create a Room List of Images & Shots
You should then create a list of every room in the house that you want in your virtual tour.
3. Prepare the Room & Camera for the Shot
You’ll need a tripod! Then, to prepare the camera and get the perfect shot, level the tripod to make sure the camera is steady and be sure to clear away obstructions. Always remember to check your lighting! checkout this list I found online:
4. Take Test Shots
You should test each of the shots on your image list to make sure that you are highlighting the features you want buyers to see. Don’t forget to watch out for any mirrors, glass, or windows to make sure you do not appear as a reflection in the pictures.
5. Take All Photos in Image List
You are now ready to take your pictures from your image list. P.S It’s better to have too many photos than too few.
6. Create Your Virtual Tour
Now that you have all of your pictures, it is time to create your virtual tour using the software you decided upon in the first step. Make a virtual tour by uploading your photos to the software and adding extra features like transitioning between screens, audio voiceover, and music.
Picking the best virtual tour software is critical, and with so many options out there for agents. Here are a few of my favorite choices for making a virtual tour:
1) Zillow 3D home app – The Zillow 3D Home app makes it simple for sellers or listing agents to create virtual tours of homes right from their mobile devices for free.
2) Imovie app- Imovie is very user friendly and can help you accomplish a beautiful digital tour without being an expert!
3) Pano2VR – Pano2VR converts spherical or cylindrical panoramic images into interactive 360 panoramas for playback on portable devices, kiosks, and the modern web browsers.
4) MY360 – My360 is a virtual tour software explicitly created with Real Estate Agents in mind.
Now, more than ever, is the time to increase your skills to find revenue-generating opportunities!
I hope you enjoy these little tips, have a great week, everyone!!
Vice President of Allison James Estates & Homes